My love!

My love!

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Final Post

Today is the final day of my blogging assignment for my Composition class.  Other than posting things here and there on Facebook I have never been one to blog. I always thought of blogging as something "creative" people do or something that stay at home moms do. Having an assignment to blog everyday seemed a little challenging but I figured it should not be too hard.  When I first started to blog my biggest struggle was remembering to blog! Many times I would be relaxing on the couch and about to put on a movie then realized I still had to blog for the day. Then I had to figure out what to blog about. What was considered a good blog? I was more worried about what other would think of my blog entries then anything else. After doing some research and and completing a couple blog post I realized that the blog was for me more then for others. This was a place where I could post about whatever was on my mind without judgment. The only people that would read my blog would be classmates and occasionally my husband peeking over my shoulder as I was blogging. The main thing I did not like about blogging had to do with the class project. I really wanted to read other peoples blog but the list of blog was never made available like it was supposed to be. This made the task of finding other classmates blogs very difficult. My post were about a lot of random things, I blogged about whatever was on my mind at that moment. I found this to be the easiest way to blog. Throughout the blog I found it easier and easier to put down in words what was going on in my head. I used the free-writing technique I learned about in class. A few times I made myself laugh as I was writing down the things that came to my head, my brain tends to work in a funny way. As a writer I have also changed by the way my words flow together. I have had issues in the past trying to write something in a clear way and now I feel like I am able to do that fairly easy.  Now that the blog assignment is done as of today I am not sure if I will continue to blog like I am now. As I was doing research on blogs I saw a lot of food and baking blogs. I am a HUGE fan of baking and am thinking about turning this blog into a baking blog. I would be to working on my writing and do something I love at the same time! 

1 comment:

  1. Angela - Very nice reflection. I had to laugh at the line about stay at home moms. I can't ever imagine a SAHM having time to blog. In many ways, my personal blog has become a way to focus myself on the important things in life. Like you, my writing impacted me more than I thought it impacted others. I am continually surprised that others read what I write. I can see that you have gained fluency and I am glad to read that you have also gained fluency in your thinking. Who knows, you could be the next big baking blog! I hope you will keep it up. You should be proud of what you have accomplished. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete