My love!

My love!

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Typology and Writing



 After doing the Jung Typology test I was classified as ENFJ (extroversion intuition feeling judging). In the past I have done test like these before but this is the only test I have taken that describes me perfectly, minus a few thing. 

As a student this test described me as the type the student I am, but there were a few things I did not agree with. The biggest thing I do as a student is try and be organized and plan my day out with my studies. The test pointed out that people classified as ENFJ are organized and planned. There were two parts about ENFJ students that I did not agree with. The first was that I require positive reinforcement.  While everyone likes hearing "Good Job", I think I have been in the "real world" long enough that rather then hearing "Good Job" I would rather get an A on my homework or a job promotion. The second thing about wanting to study in groups is also not me. While I can learn from others in groups, I always find myself getting more distracted by others and not focusing n my studies as much as I need to be. 

The most interesting thing I found was the way I was described as a writing. I have always had issues with using "I" to much in my writing. The test pointed out that it will be one of my biggest issues. I also prefer to write about personal issues rather then non-personal issues. This is exactly what the results of the typology test said as well. 

It is amazing that by just answering some questions that an assessment can be made that almost describes me perfectly. This will help me as a writer because I have never really thought of my pros's and con's as a writing other then a few of the items I wrote about in the earlier paragraph. I am planning on taking the information I learned and applying it to my writing. Hopefully it will help me become a better writer!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent comparison and reflection. Taking this survey every few years can prove to be good reflective exercise. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete