My love!

My love!

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Being healthy



About a month ago I decided it was time to get healthy. My husband and I got married 6 months ago and since then I have gain about 15 pounds of "happy weight”. So in the middle of January when most people gave up on their "eating healthy" resolution, I decided to start. The lady I sit next to at work is also trying to be healthy so we are able to hold each other accountable.  The first thing I did was give up soda…cold turkey style. I went ten days without soda. I never realized that withdrawal from soda would have been so hard! Now I will have it only on the weekends when I am doing tons of homework to help keep me focused. Instead of soda, I started using the MIO water drops, which are pretty delicious. At one point instead of drinking soda I was drinking wine after work but after a few glasses a wine the calories are the same as one mountain new.  The next thing I did was portion control. My husband makes the best food and while I tried to “lady-like” and not chow down on multiple servings it was difficult. Now that I have gotten used to portion control I do not crave or feel like I need to eat as much as I did before I started eating healthy.  I have lost almost 5 pounds and feel a lot healthier! I wish I would have started this sooner..hopefully I can continue this lifestyle change. I am also taking a lifetime wellness class and I am hoping this will help with my lifestyle change.  I believe my biggest struggle in being healthy is finding time to eat healthy. It is so easy to just run to the nearest fast food restaurant and order food then it is to actually cook something good. I hope that I can continue this!

No comments:

Post a Comment