My love!

My love!

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Too much?



How do you know what is considered “too much” information in an essay or blog. I feel like we have to share some things to get our point across but if we share too much it starts to sound more like an autobiography then an essay or blog post. I wrote a rough draft I believe essay for my composition class and I thought I shared a great deal, maybe a little too much, to get my point across. I shared about the events that led up to me being place in foster care and my Dad dying. The feedback I got was that people wanted to know more. I am unsure how much I should share. I do not want my life story to get in the way of proving the point of why I believe what I believe.  I read a few of my other classmate’s blogs and some had personal stories while other were mainly just facts. I really wish I knew whether or not I was doing my essay correct and had some feedback from this class. I could be writing completely wrong and would have no idea because nothing is graded! I have thought about posting a questions on the “Burning question” form about grades and feedback but I just looked and someone else has already posted about the same thing. It feels good knowing I am not the only one with this frustration and confusion. At least I have a blog I can complain to instead of making my husband listen to my school problems!  Mid-term is soon and according to the syllabus everything should be graded up to midterm. I just need to get through the next week or so and not just give up! Almost halfway through the class J Woo hooo

No comments:

Post a Comment